Here's what's new: Getting Started with Computers
FREE - 4 Lessons to Download - 1 Interactive Lesson to Do Online
Download & Print The Lessons or Try an Online Interactive Lesson
See Pinellas County Units for more units you can download and use with ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) or pre-GED students. While written specifically for Pinellas County, Florida, residents, many of the pages and online activities are not locale-specific.
Many persons and groups helped us develop and field-test these Living in Pinellas County units. We owe special thanks to:
· Christy Richards, Administrator, Clearwater Adult Education Center
· The students, teachers, and volunteer tutors who field-tested and provided feedback
· United Methodist Cooperative Ministries (UMCM) staff, volunteers, and students, especially Executive Director Donna C. Ratzlaff; Jan Setzekorn, Director of Literacy Services; and ESOL volunteers Judy Kenney, Carolyn Paul, Michelle R. Kiewit, and Jean Beaton
· Sandra Thursby, Pinellas County Coordinator for ESOL in Adult Education, whose mentoring and help with publishing and using the materials made the whole project a reality
· READ Pinellas, for support and encouragement
· the Florida Department of Education, Division of Community Colleges and Workforce Education, for partial funding of the project
Living in Pinellas County is a special project of United Methodist Cooperative Ministries, 1625 Union Street, Clearwater, FL 33755 & the School Board of Pinellas County.
Please send corrections, suggestions, and other comments to the curriculum developer, Martha A. Lane, Adult Literacy Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org.